An established and growing manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Applications Engineer.
- Responsible for providing engineering expertise and support on the application of electrical systems to specific projects and customers.
- Contribute to the design layouts of electrical systems based on customer drawings and input.
- Assist in creating product technical documentation (catalog sheets, FAQ’s, Tech Briefs, Reports, installation instructions, etc.)
- Provide technical support to sales and to customers onsite or remotely as required on topics including but not limited to product ratings, compliance with U.S. Codes and Standards, safety, functionality, customization, troubleshooting, installation, and pricing.
- Onsite troubleshooting and rework.
- Collaboration with certification laboratories such as UL, Intertek (ETL), etc.
- Technical liaison to the sales team.
- Product testing towards certifications and ratings.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant applications engineering experience
- Relevant electrical and electronics design experience required
- Aptitude for electrical product design and application in power distribution products
- Familiarity with the NEC, UL standards and various North American certifications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, related skills in technical writing and communication
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to travel approximately 40% (domestic and international)
- Ability to lift up 25 lbs. as needed
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm