A specialty manufacturing company, located near Morgantown, WV, is seeking an Associate Buyer.
- Procurement of high volume MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) type commodities, which includes vendor development, monitoring and assisting Procurement Leader and Commodity Managers in this effort as required. This also includes assisting Procurement Leader and/or Commodity Managers to assure Suppliers are fulfilling the agreed upon delivery times as specified on all purchase orders, and reacts accordingly when there is a deviation.
- Reviews all open orders on a weekly basis or as required for critical shipments and or requirements utilizing the Maximo MRP System, as well as verbally communicate with suppliers and internal customers as required.
- Communicate and assist in resolution of all potential delivery, pricing, invoice issues, or questions from suppliers, or internal customers, as they become known.
- Assist with data collection, and administrative projects such as scanning, filing, mail, as required. Maintain and report to Manager Department statistics / metrics reporting, and analysis as required.
- Expedite procurement / stores open orders
- Assist with supplier & internal customer invoice issues, concerns relating to deliveries, stock status
- Data Collection for commodities, plant or corporate procurement initiatives as required
- Maintain Department Statistics / Metrics Reports, SQD & TS Certification documentation, and Supplier scorecards as developed.
- Manage repairable materials process for external and internal repair materials.
- Provide material-planning input for use in the development of vendor-managed inventory.
- Manage return to vendor process.
- Bachelors in Business, Engineering, or Engineering Technology degree required along with demonstrated 2-5 years in the purchasing field. Experience within manufacturing/ production, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to establish objectives for reducing cost
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite: Word (document creation), Excel (creating spreadsheets and analyzing data), Outlook (calendar and email), PPT (Presenting)
- Self-starter with proven track record in problem solving/resolution
- Knowledge/exposure to Maintenance related MRO commodities is required
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma , and CI projects is preferred
- Experience in MRP systems Maximo and SAP Procurement/Maintenance System's is preferred