Electrical Engineering Technician
A specialized engineering firm, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electrical Engineering Technician.
- Perform short circuit calculations, overcurrent coordination, load flow, and arc flash analyses under the direction of a Senior Power Systems Engineer.
- Regularly discuss, correspond, and meet with customers to ensure the system studies are completed on time and to the customer’s specifications.
- Update and create electrical drawings using AutoCAD.
- Create detailed and accurate customer reports with clear and concise conclusions and recommendations.
- May travel to customer’s site to collect data, make measurements, label equipment, or discuss report conclusions and recommendations. Travel may be in the range of 5-15%.
- AS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering; a curriculum focused on power is preferred
- 1-2 years of electrical engineering experience required
- Proficient with AutoCAD and MS Office
- Demonstrated skill in using power engineering analysis software such as SKM, ETAP, and Easy Power is preferable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills