Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician
Cranberry Township, PA
An established automation company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician.
- Assemble, modify and/or configure custom automation equipment from design drawings and standard assembly instructions to customer specifications.
- Read drawings and assemble equipment per Engineer’s design intentions.
- Follow Company Assembly Standards.
- Develop and apply good routing practices to prevent hardware damage in production environment (wiring, pneumatic tubing, etc.)
- Understand equipment function and perform bench tests.
- Modify pneumatic circuits for servo robots per customer specifications and supplied drawings.
- Modify servo robot controller software per customer specifications.
- Modify/configure pneumatic robots per customer specifications.
- Prepare equipment for shipping; will build crates and skids.
- Support the equipment proving efforts by supporting the set up/alignment of the equipment.
- Support the sales department by preparing show equipment, demo equipment, loaner equipment, etc. for shipment.
- Support the continual improvement efforts by providing feedback on designs and/or drawings when necessary.
- Will be required to maintain stock levels of consumables/products by communicating with Purchasing and Vendors.
- AS Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology and a minimum of 2 years of electro-mechanical experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineered drawings/schematics
- Ability to wire control panels and solder electrical connections
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Will operate a forklift
- Must be detail-oriented and have good problem solving skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm