Field Service Technician
An established automation company, based near Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Field Service Technician.
- Responsible for the installation, integration, repair, and/or modification of complex robotic and automation equipment.
- Will assist customers from the unpacking of the equipment until installation has been completed.
- Will be responsible for programming and modifying PLC's.
- Will troubleshoot and maintain company products using engineering drawings, service bulletins and other documentation.
- Will provide assistance in product run-off and qualification.
- Provide training at customer sites and technical telephone/email support as needed.
- Detailed documentation of all actions including service reports, parts orders and product modification.
- AS Degree and/or BS Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology required
- 2-5 years of plant operations, maintenance, or service experience
- Experience with Automation (Robotics) operation, programming, and interfaces is required
- Must have excellent mechanical and electrical skills; ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, assembly drawings and wiring schematics
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with customers and other support personnel
- 90% travel is required, primarily throughout US and Canada; international training will be required
- Must also be willing to work the hours necessary to complete assignments