Jr. Project Engineer
A growing civil engineering firm, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Jr. Project Engineer to add to their team.
- Will be responsible for the design, permitting, and construction document preparation for industrial, commercial, and retail land development projects
- Duties involve site design, grading plans, E&S and NPDES Permitting, stormwater management, zoning ordinance review, and utility coordination
- Grading design with Civil 3D to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems, including preparation of pipe sizing calculations, drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation
- Design of Utility Systems, including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, water, gas, telephone service, etc.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including calculations
- May assume a leadership role on small projects and manage the approval processes from start to finish
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 2-5 years of related civil engineering experience required
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification preferred
- Must have experience with land development design projects
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D software; HydroCAD software would be a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Must have strong communication skills, verbal and written
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm