A specialized engineering and manufacturing firm, located west of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Logistics Coordinator.
- Contributes to the achievement of Company objectives by managing all aspects of our customer’s transportation needs through shipments, interplant transfers, and raw materials.
- Ensure customer delivery and service levels are achieved through proper scheduling and supervision of the company fleet and other service partners.
- Manage all aspects of transportation costs to ensure customer freight costs are at market, while driving profitability.
- Support collaborative continuous improvement efforts through department initiatives, creative transportation solutions, and process streamlining.
- Comply with and hold all personnel accountable for facility procedures and initiatives’ support quality and regulatory systems cGMP & ISO documentation, and safety initiatives across the site.
- Effectively manage the Company fleet through planning, coordination, and optimization of traffic assets.
- Ensures safe process and work conditions through active leadership in Safety, Health and Environment (SHE).
- Ensure drivers comply with Hours of Service (HOS) and other DOT regulations.
- Responsible for all aspects of load building, allocation of lot numbers, schedule building, routing, shipping, and tracking of bulk, LTL, and TL shipments.
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Contact carriers and logistics providers for freight pick-up.
- Coordinate shipments with production, lab, sales, customers, and drivers/carriers.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives and is accountable for addressing all department incidents in a timely manner.
- Ensure fleet is in compliance with all company, local, state, and federal standards.
- Ensures all ISO, cGMP, HACCP, Safety, Prerequisite programs, and operating procedures are in place, trained, and complied with.
- Available for on call after hour support for our carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of transportation or logistics management experience, preferably in a continuous manufacturing plant
- Must possess working knowledge of ERP applications; Microsoft NAV experience a plus
- Experience with ISO and Safety quality systems is highly desired
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed leadership and management skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm