A specialized medical development company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician.
- Will perform facility / service center preventative and emergency maintenance activities in accordance with the Company Quality System.
- Responsible for generating, scheduling, and performing of maintenance tasks.
- Repair and maintain conveyor systems and other ancillary equipment in accordance with schematics, drawings, diagrams, and operation manuals using hand tools, power tools, and precision test equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on mechanical conveyor systems, including chains, motors, pneumatics, bearings, rollers, sprockets, etc.
- Perform repairs and troubleshooting on low voltage circuit boards, control systems, and high voltage components.
- Use test equipment (digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.) to troubleshoot circuits down to the component level.
- Able to follow PLC code as required to determine the cause of system faults.
- Follow electrical schematics and mechanical drawings during troubleshooting.
- Diagnose performance problems with HVAC equipment including Chillers, Split System AC units, fans, compressors, air dryers and air handlers.
- Assist Operators with instruction of equipment and proper recovery procedures for routine processing faults of the operator’s equipment.
- Responsible for tracking all maintenance activities using a computerized maintenance work order system (CMMS).
- Work with and supervise outside vendors that are contracted for specific maintenance tasks.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory.
- Provide after-hours telephone and/or on-site technical support as required.
- AS Degree in a Technical Discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years of related industrial maintenance experience required
- Requires working knowledge of pneumatics, electrical, electronic and mechanical applications
- Must have a general understanding of basic analog and digital electronics
- Must be familiar with electrical codes, three phase electricity, and motors
- Must have a working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s (PLC5, ControlLogix)
- Must understand pipe thread standards, plumbing, and pneumatics in an industrial setting
- Experience with conveyor systems, high voltage, RF power, and vacuum systems a plus
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, supplier part build sheets and configuration instructions
- Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and OSHA standards
- Must have good computer skills, i.e. MS Office
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-11:00pm (will be rotationally on-call); shift will change to 6:00pm-6:00am