An established and growing manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
- Will perform a wide variety of maintenance duties within the facility.
- Will assist the maintenance team in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment, machinery and vehicles.
- Perform basic repairs and installations of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic systems with assistance from the Maintenance Specialist.
- Assist in dismantling of equipment to access and remove defective parts using hand and power tools.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Support individual departments by performing essential Preventive Maintenance (PM) on equipment.
- Inspect mobile equipment and perform required PM’s to ensure functionality
- Provide facilities keeping services such as light bulb replacement, plumbing repair and general facilities cleaning as needed.
- Advise Maintenance Specialist on items found during PM’s or other tasks that require more attention or repairs.
- Provide emergency attention and repairs of equipment to maintain production.
- Read and interpret facility blueprints with assistance.
- Source parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Oversee work being completed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for any additional general maintenance tasks and upkeep, as needed.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in a technical field required
- Minimum of 2 years of equipment and facility maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, electrical systems, hydraulics, pneumatic, carpentry skills, plumbing/pipe fitting
- Basic knowledge of welding and/or HVAC a plus
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Strong documentation skills required
- Willingness to work at heights up to 30 feet; will be secured via fall protection/man lift
- Ability to work in confined spaces and outdoors, at times
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, plus possible OT