Manufacturing Test Engineer
An established and growing manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Manufacturing Test Engineer.
- Will perform engineering services as required for the development and maintenance of custom and standard test equipment.
- Responsible for improving production testing technologies and ensuring their stable and productive operation. This includes systems such as metered and non-metered automated plug testers, meter calibration stations, end-feed testers, label printers and first-article inspection applications as well as new technologies.
- Will provide technical support to assembly departments including training and demonstration and will bring testing methods and technology to all production departments.
- Design, build and troubleshoot mechanical, data acquisition and control systems for manufacturing test equipment.
- Document the theory, design and operation of test equipment to ISO standard policies.
- Train supervisors and operators on use of technologies.
- Identify opportunities for additions and improvements to test equipment and processes.
- Integrate with ERP and MES systems.
- Design and engineer solutions to challenging technical problems; produce and interpret technical drawings and documentation.
- Maintain process and equipment documentation and data.
- AS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electronics and/or electrical testing required
- Experience with the design, build and test/validation of electromechanical systems experience
- Knowledge of software architecture and development
- Proficiency with LabVIEW, SQL, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of networking / wireless networking
- Experience with an ERP system preferred
- Hands-on experience with mechanical integration and coding for automation a plus
- Strong analytical skills in relation to troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Familiar with hand tools, soldering, and electro-mechanical assembly required
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Organizational, time management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Will be working in both a manufacturing and lab setting
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm