Outside Product Line Manager
Belle Vernon, PA
Due to heavy growth, an established niche manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Outside Product Line Manager.
- The primary responsibilities of the Outside Product Line Manager position are to enhance the value proposition and market penetration levels of each product line.
- Develop an overview of the marketplace through trend reports, market research, competitive analysis, customer visits and phone solicitation of existing distribution networks, mechanical contractors, engineering firms, OEM accounts and non-traditional market channels.
- Work with the Regional Channel Managers (RCM) to develop specific strategies on a national and regional level and explore other construction and non-construction market sectors, O.E.M and Catalog accounts.
- Analysis product trends and reports by Revenue, Profit, Quantity, Region, Overall, along with market penetration levels and size using Sales Logics Summary Reports by product
- Develop annual Business Plan for product lines including Strategic Goals & Objectives / Critical Success factors / Tactical Plans.
- Manage and maintain market pricing strategies and guidelines that are consistent with company goals.
- Periodic travel with Channel Manager and Product Line Manager to assist in achieving goals.
- Support Customer Service on technical product inquires construction and application information.
- Track top commercial and light industrial projects using CMD Analyzer. Review specifications and determine product feasibility and value proposition for projects and summarize.
- Conduct meetings and presentations at firms on core product lines by discuss the design elements, performance characteristics and value propositions associated with each product.
- Participate in applicable industry organizations and groups related to product their respective product lines. (ASHREA, SMACNA, NADCA, IKECA, SPIDA)
- Develop alternative channels in and out of core market sectors
- Develop and maintain a detailed Product Portfolio and marketing tools for each product family to be used as training modules and to enhance the value proposition and understanding of all product lines at Distributors, Contractors, Engineers.
- Sales Departmental Liaison with R&D / Purchasing / Manufacturing Communication & Collaboration. (Communicate defective materials / M.O Batches & dates, product changes, equipment breakdown, supply change issues)
- Collaborate with Sales Manager, Manufacturing, Research and Development on all aspects of product specifications, information, quality issues, enhancements, new product development, market surveys and questionnaires.
- Collaborate with marketing departments to formulate strategic marketing plan while working with the marketing department to develop national marketing plan.
- Manage Slow Moving Inventory Management and Product weights & dimensions initiatives.
- Develop product presentation, to be utilized at distributors and engineers as a platform for selling product lines
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or related field is desired along with previous experience as a product, territory or related technical representative for an industrial / manufacturing company.
- Must have the ability to learn, understand and explain technical equipment / product lines. HVAC knowledge is helpful.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be comfortable with cold calling and giving presentations as needed. Strong listening and questioning skills are required.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have exposure to an ERP /MRP system.
- Must be open to approximately 50% domestic travel.