Product Development Assistant
A manufacturing company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Product Development Assistant.
- Assists with the organization and development of product lines from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
- Participates in research and development requirements for existing and new emerging products.
- Assists all departments with technical product data generation.
- Communicates day-to-day progress of research to key areas such as sales/marketing, quality assurance, and manufacturing.
- Interfaces with sales, vendors and customers on a regular basis.
- Procures and maintains samples and sample areas daily; coordinates sample procurement with vendors; generates sample request forms and communicate with manufacturing all necessary parameters for them.
- Assists with the preparation of product samples for customers.
- Performs lab testing as necessary after being trained on equipment.
- Provides technical justification for product selection and participates in sales strategy.
- May travel to participate in necessary schooling as directed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree and a minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Must have good computer skills, proficiency with MS Office and Internet Explorer; Adobe Illustrator is preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Must have excellent math and communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm