Cranberry Township, PA
An established automation company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Production Supervisor.
- Organize the workforce to achieve lead-time commitments, cost control and quality control while aligning to the production plan.
- Delegate and organize work for about 5 Assembly Technicians to respect the production plan.
- Organize robot deliveries from off-site warehouse for robot modifications.
- Utilize resources for continuous departmental advancement/improvements and track performance of the team.
- Maintain and enforce safety guidelines; keep documents updated.
- Work with Project Engineers to execute proper build and functioning project equipment as well as providing feedback on design mistakes and possible improvements for future development.
- Assemble, modify and/or configure custom automation equipment from design drawings and standard assembly instructions to customer specifications.
- Read drawings and assemble equipment per Engineer’s design intentions.
- Follow Company Assembly Standards.
- Develop and apply good routing practices to prevent hardware damage in production environment (wiring, pneumatic tubing, etc.)
- Understand equipment function and perform bench tests.
- Participate in final testing/run-off of equipment.
- Prepare equipment for shipping; will build crates and skids.
- Required to maintain communication of progress to necessary personnel.
- Will be required to maintain stock levels of consumables/products by providing purchase requisitions/returns to Purchasing and/or Vendors.
- Support sales department obligations to customers, including but not limited to, trade shows, demos, loaners and maintaining ship dates.
- AS or BS Degree in a Technical Field and a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience within a fast paced, electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Willingness to train and lead colleagues
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineered drawings/schematics
- Ability to wire, solder and test products
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Will operate a forklift
- Must be detail-oriented and have good problem solving skills
- Must have good communication skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm