Sr. Project Engineer
Moon Township, PA
A worldwide, specialized engineering firm, located near Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Sr. Project Engineer.
- Lead the design effort on design build or equipment supply projects. The Sr. Project Engineer manages the flow of technical information for both internal and external projects.
- This role requires frequent communication between many departments based on the needs of a project. Extraverts and team oriented individuals thrive in this position.
- Work within a project team environment with 3-6 other engineers and designers.
- Report directly to the industrial projects group’s Director of Engineer.
- Plan engineering activities with input from the project team.
- Consistently monitor schedule of engineering deliverables and vendor submittals including expediting equipment orders. Will also provide deliverables for subcontracts.
- Develop scopes of work documents and bid packages for subcontract engineers (civil/structural) and construction partners.
- Disseminate all engineering deliverables including drawings, lists, reports, calculations and specifications to the applicable project team members.
- Recommend strategic methods for project execution during contract and tender stage.
- Domestic travel to project sites, as needed. Approximately 20% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline; Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical preferred. Must have ten or more years of experience in design engineering project management within a water / wastewater capacity.
- PE license required; PMP a plus.
- Experience in scheduling and managing engineering deliverables is preferred.
- Must be open to approximately 20% domestic travel to project sites, as needed.