Accounts Receivable Clerk
An established retail and supply company, located just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk.
- Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering and/or adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in Accounting required
- 1-2 years of accounts receivable experience required
- Proficient with MS Office and QuickBooks
- Ability to learn other Accounting software
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm; 30 minute lunch break