Architectural Project Manager
An established architectural firm is seeking an Architectural Project Manager for higher education and healthcare projects, in both Pittsburgh and Columbus respectively.
- Provide project team management and technical leadership, assuming primary responsibility for project contracts, goals, scope, budget and schedule on all assigned projects ranging from $2M to $50M.
- Responsible for occasional business development of pre-qualified customers for the firm within the higher education and healthcare markets.
- Develop project scope, budgets and schedules, and develop strategies with project team members to insure all project goals are achieved.
- With assistance from the project team, develop detailed work plan, project flow chart, PM checklist and other automated management tools.
- Conduct regular internal team meetings to review project status, issues and plans of action.
- Pro-actively lead clients through all project phases with effective communications, aggressive project planning/scheduling, concise recommendations and strong direction of the decision-making process.
- Develop and manage project budgets and manpower while achieving established profit goals.
- Actively support established design goals and concepts on all projects.
- Actively participate in project marketing to include presentations, proposal preparation, and selection of project consultant.
- Responsible for manpower analysis, fee determination, fee negotiations (Owner and consultants) and contract execution.
- Manage all contractual issues in coordination with the Project Principal, to include scope changes, billing and collections.
- Strongly promote the highest quality of services to all project team members including Owner, consultants and contractors.
- Effectively communicate project issues and decisions through telephone conversations, meetings, memos, transmittals, letters and reports.
- Actively communicate project status with Project Principal and Projects Division Director.
- Bachelor of Architecture and a minimum of 5 years of higher education and healthcare project development and management experience
- Registered Architect required
- LEED AP
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and BIM (Revit)
- Demonstrated technical competency in all phases of architectural services
- Thorough knowledge of building codes, zoning codes, environmental regulations, ADA requirements, and other pertinent laws and review processes
- In-depth understanding of construction methods and materials and their costs
- In-depth understanding of architectural practice including office standards, AIA documents and other standards of the construction industry
- Working knowledge of architectural design/planning issues with design sensitivity in making project management decisions
- Experience and knowledge in project financial areas to include fee/profit determination, budget projections, tracking, and owner financing
- Experience and ability in working successfully within a project team environment, including effective communications, motivating, coaching and conflict resolution
- Ability to delegate significant responsibility to team members
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills for in-house staff, clients, consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies
- Ability to effectively handle the demands of several projects, including deadlines and financial pressures
- Strong personal organization and time management skills
- Strong capacity for innovation and creativity in dealing with project management strategies
- Ability to travel as needed
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm, and half days on Fridays