Automation Controls Engineer
An established engineering firm, located just south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Automation Controls Engineer.
- Will be responsible for detailed electrical design activities for electro-mechanical, industrial automation, and robotic equipment using AutoCAD software.
- Will work closely with various groups to assure a properly designed product from concept to completion.
- Generate electrical schematics, panel layout drawings, and B.O.M.’s.
- Responsible for Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming; will program servo drives and multi-axis positioning systems.
- Will perform robotic programming (ABB, Fanuc, Kawasaki, and/or Motoman).
- AS or BS Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of related experience required
- Must display the ability to execute projects from concept through start up.
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience, i.e. Allen Bradley PLC's, HMI, and Robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Kawasaki and/or Motoman)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD for panel design and MS Office software
- Experience with networking and common industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP and PROFINET)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly electrical and mechanical troubleshooting capabilities
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Approximately 10-15% travel will be required
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm