An established business consulting firm, located in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Business Analyst.
- Will apply your knowledge of structured service management frameworks and technology to best determine how to solve client needs.
- Will leverage your ITIL and ITSM knowledge and expertise to solve the right problem at the right time for our clients.
- Responsible for discovering, gathering, documenting, prioritizing and vetting functional and technical requirements for new projects.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Identify areas for improvement within service providing organizations like IT, HR, Facilities, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Develop maps and flowcharts of current and future Service Delivery processes.
- Communicate client’s Service Management requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models.
- Understand, critically evaluate and report on the likely impact of process modifications.
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Utilize client-specific requirements, process designs and ITSM/Service Management expertise to identify, select, recommend, and implement Service Management technology.
- Work hand-in-hand with the client throughout the process from selection through implementation.
- Possess the necessary skillsets to fill multiple roles including (but not limited to) Service Management technology expert, business analyst (for requirements and process design), implementation project manager, testing lead, training lead, change manager, and trusted advisor.
- Primary lead on developing tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams, business cases, RFPs, testing plans, training plans, and more.
- Assist with facilitating meetings with client team members from all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Information Sciences required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience working with an ITSM focus or as an ITSM practitioner
- Must have a process improvement focus (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Experience in implementing or expertise in working with at least 1 ITSM tool/platform: Cherwell, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk, or HP Service Manager
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project and Access
- Familiarity with Service Management concepts outside of IT and across the enterprise (HR Case Management, Facilities Request, Work order Management) is a plus
- Must be highly organized, self-directed, results-focused problem solver, with a creative vision, sense of team work, impeccable communication skills and stellar work ethic
- Open to traveling 25-50% of the time should the need arise
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm