An established engineering and manufacturing company, located near Youngstown, OH, is seeking a Buyer.
- Review orders, determine the materials needed and schedule the work into production to ship per customer requests.
- Will manage inventory and sourced products as well as monitor shipping schedules; forecast and plan production schedules to facilitate manufacturing requirements and meet customer’s needs.
- Plan and schedule raw material and component parts as appropriate.
- Utilize ERP system to review inventory with current and forecasted orders. Reorder when shortage is expected.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Analyze bids for competitiveness.
- Negotiate pricing and award purchase orders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of procurement, planning and scheduling experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of ERP software, preferably Global Shop Solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm