CNC Machine Setup Specialist
Mount Pleasant, PA
A specialized manufacturing company, located near Mount Pleasant, PA, is seeking a CNC Machine Setup Specialist.
- Prepares machines for production by programming, installing fixtures, and installing machine tooling.
- Maintains quality based on product specifications and troubleshoots quality issues throughout the production run.
- Identify and install specific machine tooling through the use of existing set up documentation. Will be responsible for creating and compiling setup documentation for new products, and updating existing setup documentation as needed.
- Will be responsible for monitoring the operation of, troubleshooting problems with, and making minor repairs to machines, robots, a recirculating cooling water system, an air compressor system, wheel dressing machine and a vacuum system.
- Use existing systems to collect and review data to improve efficiency, utilization, and reduce scrap.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in related field and a minimum of 1 year of experience setting up, editing and operating CNC machines.
- Must have the ability to plot X and Y coordinates on number lines using positive and negative integers to make necessary changes to existing CNC style programs. Candidate must also have basic skills in advanced mathematics and Algebra.
- Must have the ability to access, load, save, and modify computer files and folders through a network and various Windows-based software packages and must have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Must possess the ability to use mechanical hand tools and accurately use measuring tools including but not limited to, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, caliper, height gauges, etc.)
- Must be quality conscious with the ability to pay close attention to small details.
- Must possess problem solving skills, a drive for continuous improvement, and the ability to apply good judgement in various situations.
- Candidate will also receive training in forklift operation, safety training on multiple topics, robotics, department startup and shutdown, and many other required tasks.
Rotating Shifts: 4:30am-3:00pm and 3:15pm-1:45am (must be able to work weekends)