A chemical manufacturing company, located in Pittsburgh, is seeking a Chemical Operator.
- Will be responsible for operating various types of chemical processing equipment, including reaction systems, distillation systems, filters, extractors, autoclaves, reactors, pumps, and centrifuges in compliance with prescribed operating procedures.
- Load and unload raw materials, intermediates, and finished products into and out of process equipment.
- Adjust valves and controls to maintain system at specified temperature, pressure, and vacuum levels.
- Monitor and record reactions, noting changes in chemical and physical properties and compositional changes of substances.
- Maintain log of gauge readings, shift production, and equipment malfunctions.
- Draw product samples and perform tests to ensure product meets specifications.
- AS or BS Degree in Chemistry and 1-2 years of experience within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity is essential, may require lifting up to 65 lbs.
- Must have excellent math and documentation skills.
- Will be required to wear a respirator while performing certain job functions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating shifts.
Shift: Sunday-Thursday, 10:00pm-6:00am, plus possible OT