Computer / Network Field Technician
An established IT consulting company, located just west of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Computer / Network Field Technician.
- Responsibilities will be to assess, support, design, install, troubleshoot and maintain clients’ Microsoft-based environments.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Respond to queries via a ticketing system either in person, over the phone, or through a remote connection.
- Write training manuals and train computer users.
- Respond to email messages and support tickets for customers seeking assistance.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Escalation of ineligible service tickets to NOC or appropriate higher level technician level.
- Recommend software upgrades, hardware upgrades and new technology updates on a quarterly basis.
- AS or BS Degree in a Technical field and a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience required
- Knowledge of Windows 10, 7, & Mac environment
- Virus Scanning programs (Symantec, McAfee, AVG, Webroot, etc.)
- Malware removal programs (MalwareBytes, Avast, Spybot, Hijack This, etc.)
- A demonstrated intermediate understanding of LAN/WAN
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Understanding of common peripheral devices (printer, scanners, fax), installations & troubleshooting
- Android & iOS mobile operating systems
- Management of client Office 365 licenses and subscriptions, including updating of Office 365 client license usage reports
- Knowledge of Servers and Networking Devices, and willingness to learn more
- Ability to handle multiple support tickets or requests
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Works well with others and in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will be required to travel throughout Western PA; must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to be flexible to adjusting weekly hours, as clients’ needs change.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm