Construction Project Manager
An established general contractor, located in the Pittsburgh area, is seeking a Construction Project Manager.
- Responsible for managing multiple commercial construction projects and accountable for the financial, schedule, quality and safety objectives for the projects under their supervision.
- Primary responsibilities include contract administration, scheduling, planning, cost control and coordination with jobsite supervision to ensure that projects are constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Coordinates with Superintendent regarding labor, equipment, subcontractors and material suppliers, as well as coordinates construction means and methods and scheduling to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for timely and accurate written submittals, schedules and budgets.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve budgets and schedules based on monitoring and evaluation.
- Responsible for project reviews and problem resolution with owners, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Insures that project billing is done in a timely manner & follows up on collections issues.
- Insures that the all projects meet Quality Control standards.
- In conjunction with the Project Superintendent, manages labor, equipment, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Manages the activities of subs and suppliers.
- Authorizes subcontractor and supplier payment approvals.
- Prepare Subcontracts and Purchase Orders and properly mitigates risk.
- Insures that foremen and superintendents understand all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Leads project reviews and problem resolution with the owners, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with the owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Will manage and develop the project team, specifically Project Managers and Project Engineers, as assigned.
- Provides assistance to the estimating department as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years field experience in commercial, institutional, and/or healthcare construction project engineering to insure sufficient knowledge of field operational issues.
- Experience managing large commercial construction projects.
- Extensive experience in project budget and schedule management.
- Experience in estimating.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others including oral presentations to clients.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability is required.
- Computer literacy required including Microsoft Office, P6, SureTrak, and HCSS.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-stress situations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Local travel will be required.