An established engineering and manufacturing company, located near Meadville, PA, is seeking a Controls Designer.
- Work collaboratively to design, troubleshoot, and assist with startup of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power and control systems for specialized automation machines.
- Using input from the project design team (sales estimates, production requirements, customer requirements), work collaboratively with the Controls Engineering Manager and/or other department members to define suitable system architectures for custom automation equipment. The architecture will include proper selection of a system controller (PLC, PAC, etc.); networking design, including selection of critical networking components; selection of input and output hardware; selection of motion control components; selection of safety interlocks and controllers; provision to integrate.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, any customer standards, and corporate standards, design and detail circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, any customer standards, and corporate standards, design and detail all fluid power circuitry (pneumatics, hydraulics) utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Create bills of material using the reporting capabilities inherent in AutoCAD Electrical, for all designs. Inform the Project Manager of any long-lead items.
- Will assist with the creation of software and/or configuration files for all programmable devices within the architecture. This includes PLC logic, operator interfaces, motion controllers, robotics, vision inspection systems, and other programmable process equipment.
- Understand and execute all applicable internal processes, especially those that relate to the quality management system.
- Check time and material budget. Notify Manager or Project Manager if engineering estimates differ from budget.
- Check drawings prior to releasing to shop. Make sure they agree with mechanical design and customer requirements.
- Make sure drawings are functional to allow the electrical assembly department to do the job efficiently.
- Assist shop personnel in checking or troubleshooting equipment as required.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in related technical field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of controls design experience for specialized and custom automation equipment required
- Must have strong knowledge of electrical, pneumatics and hydraulic power and control systems
- Familiarity with electrical safety circuits, PLC programming, operator interface configuration, motion control and robotic safety interfaces is desirable
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical and MS Office
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm (45 hours per week)