An established equipment engineering and manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Controls Engineer.
- Conceptual control system design and process development to support capital and budgetary projects.
- Design and develop industrial control systems / architecture and related PLC logic using factory programming software (Allen-Bradley / Siemens).
- Generate HMI screens and graphics using factory programming software.
- Develop robot interface signals and communications including basic robot programs.
- Develop high and low voltage schematics, I/O schematics and control panel design using existing company templates and examples.
- Specify control system components according to internal and customer specifications.
- Perform on-site start-ups and commissioning including operator and maintenance staff training.
- Support the Sales Team by reviewing customer specifications and design properties to assist in proposal cost estimates.
- Examine and troubleshoot existing equipment and control systems in coordination with the Technical Service Team.
- Coordinate with outside suppliers and vendors to achieve project completion.
- Develop written Sequence of Operations, Alarm Descriptions and Spare Parts lists to assist the Technical Writing/O&M Dept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in industrial control system design, HMI and PLC logic code development
- Experience with Robot Interface, PLC Programming including Allen-Bradley RSLogix and Siemens S7 platforms
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic systems as related to circuit and control logic functions
- Willingness to travel up to 20% within the United States and Canada
- Solid written and oral communications skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm