Electrical / Instrument Maintenance Technician
A leading specialty manufacturer, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking experienced Electrical / Instrument Maintenance Technicians.
- Responsible for calibration, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining existing electrical and/or instrumentation equipment and operation of electrical distribution and transmission systems.
- Will work on a variety of equipment including: control wiring, power cabling, starters, breakers, relays, control valves, motors, generators, meters, switch gear, transformers, grounding system, pressure, level, temperature and flow instrumentation, process stream analyzers, etc.
- Tools used include: hand and power tools, torches, pullers, presses, bearing heaters, precision measuring devices, test and calibration equipment, specialized power tools, hoists, chain-falls and come-alongs, drill presses, saws, welders, mobile yard crane, bucket truck, aerial lifts, ladders and scaffolds, etc.
- Will work from blueprints, sketches, drawings, P&ID’s, PFD’s, instrument loop and electrical interconnect drawings, instrumentation specification sheets, work order plans, and manufacturer’s information.
- Performs and documents instrumentation component and system inspections, tests, and calibrations by various means, and utilizes inspection findings to define repair requirements.
- AS Degree in a Technical field with a minimum of 3 years of related electrical and instrumentation experience; will consider candidates with a HS Diploma and 5 years of related experience
- Must be electrically knowledgeable
- Proficient in the use of equipment used for testing and maintaining electrical and/or instrumentation equipment
- Must possess good communication and team skills along with a commitment to safety
- Ability to understand, support and embrace safe work practices
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, plus possible OT and weekends