Electrical Controls Engineer
Robinson Township, PA
An established manufacturing firm, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer.
- Responsible for electrical control panel design using AutoCAD Electrical for chemical feed and control systems used for water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Work with project teams to provide customers with control panels that meet their needs and meet UL508a guidelines.
- Review consulting engineers’ drawings and specifications.
- Participate in production meetings to ensure proper design and BOM’s for production of panels.
- Provide pre-sale electrical drawings to consulting engineers and clients.
- Assist Application Engineers with quotes on custom control panels.
- Assist the panel shop with quality control, wiring and testing.
- Occasional travel to plants will be required for start-ups.
- AS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of five years of related experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for design per UL508a and the NEC
- Experience with the NEC, motor controls, AC/DC drives, RLL, PLC’s, and process loop controllers
- Any PLC program development and software knowledge (Allen-Bradley) is a plus
- Excellent understanding of electrical and electronics circuit boards
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze mechanical and electro/mechanical system failures and to work with schematic drawings
- Strong interpersonal skills with sales, technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work and solve problems on your own or as a team
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm