Electrical Controls Engineer
Robinson Township, PA
An established manufacturing firm, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer.
- Responsible for the electrical design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of chemical feed control systems used for water and wastewater projects.
- Provides application / control systems design and development.
- Modifies program / system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develops proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLC’s, PC’s and DCS systems.
- Partners with customers to gain an understanding of their business environment.
- Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned work.
- Participates in production meetings to ensure proper design and BOM’s for production of panels.
- Approximately 25% travel domestically to plants will be required for start-ups.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with industrial controls and systems; integration with a strong focus on software design and programming
- Process control design, development, and troubleshooting experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for design per UL508a and the NEC
- Networking experience including Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
- Experience with Rockwell MicroLogix, CompactLogix and ControlLogix PLC Programming preferred
- Proficient with MS Office; SAP preferred
- Experience with HMI systems preferred
- Experience with water, wastewater and process control applications preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (willingness to work beyond core hours as needed)