An established manufacturing company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer.
- Specify, design and install electrical equipment and automation systems to improve manufacturing processes in plant.
- Will be involved in programming and commissioning equipment; must be fluent in Ladder Logic, Structure Text and Function Block.
- Assist Engineering Manager and other departmental managers in improving systems of production control, standard operating procedures, safety and quality.
- Assist in coordination of the new equipment purchase, installation, and training.
- Conduct investigations and analysis directed toward equipment utilization and operations necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Recommend and implement improvements to equipment.
- Create and order bills of materials for projects through various vendors.
- Provide engineering technical support to both maintenance and production as needed. This includes training, troubleshooting equipment, rebuilds, repairs, etc.
- Help develop Control and Maintenance Technicians.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of related experience within a manufacturing environment required
- Experience with Rockwell PLC’s, HMI’s, and AutoCAD
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to read and draw electrical schematics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills in order to write technical reports, procedures, and manuals for internal documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with others (i.e., supervisors, co-workers and/or contractors)
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to quickly learn and work independently, as well as in project team environment
- Limited travel will be required
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm