An established MEP consulting engineering firm, located just east of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electrical Engineer.
- Perform site investigations to document the existing condition of electrical systems within the project area.
- Perform lighting and power calculations based on the project requirements.
- Review code requirements that are associated with the project and adapt the electrical system design accordingly.
- Layout lighting, power, fire alarm, and call systems to meet the project requirements.
- Utilize AutoCAD to design electrical systems to suit the project requirements.
- Preliminary review of construction submittal documents associated with the project.
- Perform construction site review and write project construction reports (”punch lists”).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience designing electrical systems for commercial and healthcare projects
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD (2014 version – minimum) and Microsoft Office software
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code, FGI Guidelines, and various NFPA Standards is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to multitask, being an effective team member, and follow instructions
- Ability to travel approximately 10% throughout the tri-state area
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-4:30pm