A growing engineering firm, located in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a registered Electrical Engineer.
- Direct and manage project design and team activities to meet project requirements.
- Design Electrical Systems for a variety of projects.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company drafting standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs and drawings needed for electrical systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Review and coordinate vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Prepare electrical specifications.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Prepare project time and cost budgets.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years of experience designing electrical systems required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Project experience submitted for consideration should include various building types of which you actively participated on the projects from design through final construction
- Strong knowledge of electrical and energy codes
- Ability to manage a project design team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer; prior Revit experience a plus or a willingness to learn Revit will be required
- Knowledge of SKM, EasyPower, AGI32 or Visual Analysis a plus
- Ability to travel approximately 10% domestically
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm