A medical device manufacturer, located southeast of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer.
- Serve as a team member within the New Product Development Engineering group providing electrical system design and development support for new and existing medical devices.
- Perform all aspects of electrical engineering design as a senior engineer. Including:
- Conceptual studies and design analysis
- Product requirements and component selection.
- Create robust, reliable electrical board/system designs for medical equipment with complex electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, and user interface requirements.
- Create electrical designs that are cost efficient, easily manufactured, and reliable.
- Generate comprehensive engineering design documentation, including verification test protocols and reports as required.
- Identify, develop and document technology leading to intellectual property protection.
- Participate in detailed cross-functional team design reviews.
- Ensure compliance with quality control policies and applicable regulatory standards.
- Lead and assist with qualification test activities including thermal performance, electrical safety, EMC, and ESD.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering with a career profile oriented to electronic hardware development.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical design, with demonstrated success carrying projects through to production.
- Proficient in analog/digital circuit and PCB design (Altium Designer strongly preferred) with experience in circuit modeling and simulation.
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO and international regulations related to medical device design and manufacturing.
- Experience with the quality management systems and design control requirements for medical device manufacturers.
- Experience with wireless communication topologies and protocols a plus.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm