An established construction services company, located near Washington, PA, is seeking an Estimator.
- Develops cost estimates from take-off stage to bid hand-off.
- Develops cost estimates for change orders.
- Analyzes material and labor requirements to complete a project.
- Attends pre-bid and scope review meetings.
- Computes and submit bids.
- Reads blueprints.
- Meets with engineers, customers, vendors, and Project Managers.
- Visually inspects project locations to determine the amount of labor and materials needed to do the work.
- Contacts vendors for pricing.
- Assesses the costs of leasing equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or technical training in related field preferred. Electrical estimating and/or construction field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Low Voltage Systems.
- Ability to read and evaluate specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to work effectively with customers.
- Ability to analyze risks involved with certain project types.
- Ability to estimate large and small projects.
- Ability to work calmly under deadlines and external pressure.
- Excellent math skills; Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (especially in Microsoft Excel, Word, Bluebeam).