Electrical Service Technician
An established engineering and manufacturing firm, located just south of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an Electrical Service Technician.
- Will be responsible for maintaining rental equipment, commissioning equipment, and training customers on usage, as well as assembling and testing new, pre-engineered equipment.
- Assist in customer contact and communication pertaining to specific rental contracts via telephone, e-mail, and in-person at any stage during the project cycle.
- Perform field commissioning and training services as required for rental equipment.
- Perform inspections of returned rental equipment, and document findings.
- Perform run tests (systems only) to determine operational integrity, and document findings.
- Issue damage reports to customers as required.
- Complete equipment repairs as required.
- Clean and prepare rental equipment for the next lease.
- Maintain the integrity and professional appearance of the re-useable shipping crates.
- Maintain organization of the equipment storage and work area.
- Assemble and circuit test electrical control centers for new, pre-engineered equipment.
- Skid wire assembled systems.
- Complete quality control via system functioning testing.
- AS Degree in Technical field and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience for an industrial product design and manufacturing company
- Knowledge of industrial processes and temperature control solutions
- Excellent electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Must have strong industrial control wiring experience
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Must have the ability to work independently and under pressure with little or no supervision
- Good organizational skills in prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and detail-oriented
- Good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in industrial fabrication shops, chemical plants, materials processing plants and various heavy industrial manufacturing facilities
- Must be able to perform physical activities and have no lifting restrictions
- Approximately 20% travel required throughout the US and Canada
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and valid Passport and/or REAL ID required for air travel
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, plus OT; must be willing to work a flexible schedule