Electronics Service Technician
A specialty manufacturing company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electronics Service Technician.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair and/ or modify specialty electronic systems and provide technical support to the customer base via phone and at customer site.
- Prepares technical reports, customer quotes for modifications/upgrades and provide pricing to customers for parts and labor.
- Reports to Director of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Act as a mentor and/or lead technician within department and throughout the organization.
- Take responsibility for customer service issues that have been escalated by Sales or other departments.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records that impact customer history.
- Associate Degree in electronic technology or equivalent experience along with 5+ years experience with overhead cranes, electrical controls, and customer support/field service.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites a must up to 25%; mainly domestic travel with occasional travel to Canada. Mainly day trips with overnight stays required from time to time.
- Comfortable working with aerial lifts.
- Read and understand schematics.
- Proficient in hand soldering and use of bench hand tools.
- Test and calibrate electric circuits.
- RF Experience.
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license.
- S. Citizenship or permanent residence needed in order to comply with Government Contracts
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to make reasonable judgements to satisfy customer issues that have been escalated due to severity of problem