A specialty electronics manufacturer, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electronics Technician for a position within the industrial sector.
- Servicing equipment with electronic components.
- Product troubleshooting and warranty evaluation.
- Product repair estimates and repair services.
- Existing system hardware modifications.
- New product system/component customization.
- Interaction with company engineers and sales team.
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or a Certificate of Completion Program required. A certificate may be earned from a community college or vocational school. Courses should cover AC and DC circuits, electronic circuitry, electronics fabrication, electronic test equipment, Hydraulic and Pneumatic control systems and PLC hardware. Prior apprenticeship program experience considered. No work experience necessary with education. Practical work experience also considered (minimum of two years).
- Must have a strong technical capacity along with excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronic test equipment, PLCs and Ladder Logic.
- Basic knowledge of field bus: CANOpen, J1939, Profibus and knowledge of CAD applications.
- Must be proficient with computers with the ability to learn new software.
- Basic knowledge of PCB and SMT components.
- Use of an RF spectrum analyzer.
- Use of a Fluke multimeter.
- Skilled with soldering iron.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office software applications.
- Valid driving license and open to some travel as needed.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm