Engineering Document Control Specialist
An international engineering firm is seeking a Document Control Specialist for their Pittsburgh office located west of the city.
- The Engineering Document Control Specialist maintains documents, both electronic and hard copies, for projects. The documents are distributed to members of the project team as specified by the Project Engineer. The position also requires that transmittals are issued to suppliers and subcontractors for distribution.
- Maintains documents in document control system and on file server.
- Distributes submittals and router listing documents to a Project Engineer for review and the rest of the project team.
- Provides assistance with other tasks outside of Document Control, as time permits, including assisting with administrative duties.
- Transcribes supplier and subcontractor documents in the system.
- Assembles project files upon project closeout notification for archiving purposes.
- Submits transmittal history reports to QA VP and Department Supervisor.
- Expedites project list from Latis software to the document control system.
- Participates in frequent coordination, communication, and/or team problem solving between the Document Control department and Engineering.
- Participates in project teams consisting of other engineering departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. 3-5 years of document control experience within a construction / engineering environment is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required. Any experience working with Latis accounting software is a plus!
- Knowledge of Google Software (Mail, Drives, Hangouts, etc) preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent time management and communication skills are required.