An established engineering and manufacturing company, located near Youngstown, OH, is seeking an Engineering Manager.
- Will manage and lead the engineering team (approximately 10 Engineers and Drafters) to define and determine how the products will be manufactured and assembled on the production floor with high efficiencies and low waste.
- Create, implement, and document best practices to aide and improve operational performance in production.
- Assign, direct, and evaluate technical work.
- Direct, analyze, and approve product design and changes.
- Perform root cause analysis and make corrections so mistakes are not repeated.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure Bills of Material and Routings are created timely and accurately.
- Assess problems on the floor and quickly determine solutions.
- Develop enhancements to existing products.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of costs and quality.
- Complete and maintain required paperwork and drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Industrial, and a minimum of 5 years of engineering management experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment required
- Experience with BOM’s and Routings in an ERP system (Global Shop Solutions)
- Proficient in the use of Inventor and AutoCAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- Proficient in 3ds Max a plus
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings required
- Proven record of design to manufacturing success
- Proficient in root cause analysis methodology
- Ability to analyze financial impacts of improvement suggestions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to meet deadlines and commitments
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm