Engineering Operations Manager
An established civil engineering firm, located near Morgantown, WV, is seeking an Engineering Operations Manager.
- Responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the civil engineering office, to include oversight and guidance over various disciplines/technical areas, staffing, marketing and business development in the West Virginia area.
- Will focus on increasing the visibility of the firm, identifying and securing work with clients and teaming partners, and ensuring quality products are delivered to our clients on time and under budget.
- Lead the development of a regional marketing strategy; develop business and strategic plans as needed. Grow the business and add new service areas and clients.
- Provide leadership, oversight, technical mentoring and guidance to staff.
- Recruit multi-disciplined staff and team to meet project obligations and provide viable technical teams to market, win, and execute projects.
- Coordinate with technical staff to ensure work is completed properly and on schedule.
- Create and lead the Engineering Discipline in West Virginia.
- Project management, including proposals and scope of work preparation, budgeting, invoicing, scheduling, etc.
- Preparation and development of engineering design plans.
- Coordination of projects between disciplines.
- QA/QC review of design plans. Compliance with design standards and guidelines.
- Development of design and review standards for application in project process.
- Coordinate with clients and agencies regarding project data, needs and status, as necessary.
- Prepare and negotiate scopes of work and cost estimates.
- Prepare project schedules and budgets and keep all projects within schedule and budget.
- Develop and monitor workload, staffing and budget projections.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering required
- West Virginia Professional Engineer license required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of proven project/staff management skills, problem solving abilities and a successful marketing/business development track record
- Ability to obtain applicable training and certifications to perform specialty services as described
- Minimal travel required throughout WV
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm