Equipment Design Engineer (SolidWorks)
Robinson Township, PA
A specialized engineering and manufacturing firm, located west of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an Equipment Design Engineer.
- Responsible for the design and innovation of the Company’s food manufacturing equipment using SolidWorks software.
- Design equipment to be used in commercial bakeries and in retail locations (tabletop units).
- Review and troubleshoot existing equipment to improve the design.
- Lead New Product Development projects.
- Lead design reviews at various stages to capture input from various constituents (sales, customers, etc.).
- Advise on equipment modifications to enable manufacturing process enhancements.
- Troubleshoot equipment via phone and email with customers.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred; will accept an AS Degree in Drafting and Design with equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a product design role with knowledge of Design for Manufacturing
- Knowledge of equipment designs, including but not limited to BOM’s, Assembly Drawings, Schematics, GD&T and tolerance stack-ups
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks and Microsoft Office software
- Any food manufacturing or restaurant equipment design experience a plus
- Electrical design and/or PLC programming a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with staff in non-technical positions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestic and international
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm