Field Network Administrator
An established IT consulting company, located near Monroeville, PA, is seeking a Field Network Administrator.
- This position is a member of the Field Service team and primarily works in the field, onsite at the offices of our clients in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
- Responsible for providing all aspects of ongoing network administration, server support and end-user support – from solving problems, to making changes, to proactive and preventative maintenance, to reactive support.
- Support duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installing, managing, configuring and troubleshooting software on servers.
- Installing, managing, configuring and troubleshooting software on desktops and laptops.
- Managing, configuring and troubleshooting firewall security appliances.
- User account maintenance, including: adding new user accounts; setting-up new user desktop profiles and mail profiles; deleting user accounts; and resetting passwords.
- Computer setup, including: setting up and connecting new computers, installing software, setting-up user profiles, migrating profiles and data.
- Providing support to business end-users for help with various issues, such as: installing, configuring and troubleshooting application software (from Microsoft and 3rd party Line of Business vendors); password resets; local network connectivity; internet connectivity; virus removal; remote access; setup of printers; and setup of smartphones.
- Providing additional support to fellow Field Network Consultants working onsite at client offices and Service Desk Consultants working at the office.
- Providing additional support to our Project Consultants implementing server and network upgrades.
- AS or BS Degree in a Technical field and a minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- Experience with the following general technologies are required: Network administration; User account administration; Computer account administration; Security and permissions; Group Policies; File-level backup software and disk image-level backup software; Network-based antivirus solutions; Anti-spam software; Firewall security appliances; Remote access (VPNs, RDP, OWA, smartphones).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2008 and Windows 10/8/7/XP required.
- Experience with the following specific technologies is desired: DELL and HP Servers; DELL and HP desktops and laptops; Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 and 2011; Exchange Server 2007, 2010 and 2013; Microsoft Terminal Services; VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V; Symantec Backup Exec and Backup Exec System Recovery; Storagecraft Shadow Protect and Image Manager; Bitdefender antivirus; APC PowerChute Business Edition and PowerChute Network Shutdown; McAfee email filtering, email encryption and email archiving services; SonicWALL firewall security appliances; Microsoft Office 365 and Hosted Exchange.
- The Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and MCSA: Windows 8 or 10 certifications are the desired Microsoft technical certifications for this position.
- Other certifications that are desired include the following: CompTIA A+ and Network+; Microsoft certifications (MCSA: Windows Server 2008, MCSA: Windows 7); VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or Professional (VCP); Certified SonicWALL Security Administrator (CSSA).
- Prior field network administration experience in a Managed Services environment and prior IT consulting experience is desired and is a very strong plus.
- Experience with N-able remote monitoring and management software and ConnectWise PSA software is very helpful.
- Will be required to travel throughout Western PA approximately 90% of the time; must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (will be on call one week every 4 months, 9:00am-9:00pm)