Field Service Engineer
An established engineering and manufacturing company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer.
- Will install, commission, service and repair measurement equipment down to component level at customers’ facilities.
- The work involves installation, calibration and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems including electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC and PC components.
- The devices that are to be supported are precise and require the ability to work with intricate parts with close tolerances and detailed set up procedures.
- Provide customers with instructions and training on the correct operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Complete and submit service documentation for customers and internal use.
- Partner with customers and Management regarding progress of installation and repair work.
- Exercise commercial awareness, including promoting Company products and services
- Undertake all work activities safely, ensuring compliance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- When not traveling to customer sites, will provide technical support over the phone or by email and assist with in-house repairs and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with company expense, travel and entertainment policies.
- Will be required to make own travel arrangements for domestic and international travel (approximately 80-90%); must have Passport.
- AS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Maintenance Electricity or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of field service experience within steel mill environments
- Must have excellent electrical, electronics and mechanical aptitude
- Able to read electrical and mechanical prints for connections and repair
- Familiar with industrial pneumatic and hydraulic controls for coordination of installation and repair
- Familiar with PLC programming and able to operate Windows based PC programs and set up Windows PC functions
- Have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with customers at all organizational levels
- Navigate industrial plants on foot, carrying tools and equipment
- Ability to travel throughout North America and involve other international locations, including training in Germany