Field Service Engineer
An international electronics manufacturing company, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Field Service Engineer.
- The Field Service Engineer is responsible for technical (mechanical, electrical and electronic) product support and project management.
- Establish and maintain a high level of technical proficiency on company products and equipment.
- Provide technical support and field service for company products and equipment.
- Maintain strong mechanical, electrical and electronic troubleshooting abilities.
- Be knowledgeable of computer structure, functions, interfacing and Ethernet connections.
- Perform applications studies, in-line trials, equipment installation and commissioning, and training.
- Maintain high levels of customer service. Act as a liaison between company and its customers.
- Project management: Define, plan, manage, and execute projects as assigned.
- Train, mentor and coach other Field Service Technicians as needed.
- Travel when and where needed to meet department and Company objectives.
- Complete and submit detailed reports of weekly service activities, work assignments, and other required weekly and monthly reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain and accurately account for the field service kits, tools, supplies, and company vehicles.
- Maintain and control spare parts inventory, tools, and equipment required for equipment repairs and calibration.
- Work closely with the sales department in completing equipment demonstrations at customer locations.
- Serve as the liaison between the Technical Service, Sales, and other company departments as needed.
- BS Degree in related technical / engineering field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required along with 3-5 years of related electrical, mechanical and electronic experience.
- Must be a self-starter, willing and able to work independently, be self-motivated, and make good business decisions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to acquire the necessary job knowledge and competencies to maintain required proficiency for successful execution of duties.
- Ability to obtain a high level understanding of Eddy Current theory and testing practices including Level II certification.
- Have or obtain PLC Programming knowledge and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult customer situations and interactions.
- Develop and exercise good time management and prioritizing skills to assure effective execution of duties.
- Exercise cost control and good judgement in all activities performed in accordance with position requirements.
- Ensure all IM&TE is maintained in accordance with Quality procedures.
- Complete work assignments in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Maintain a constructive and cooperative attitude.
- Maintain work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office programs including, Word and Excel, as well as ERP and CRM databases.
- Be knowledgeable of the information
- Travel up to 60% once trained; mainly domestic with occasional international (Canada and Germany)