Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager
A specialty contractor, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager.
- Will serve as Project Manager for all aspects of geotechnical construction, including: estimating, contract negotiations, CPM scheduling, cost control, QA/QC plan implementation, executing work, and project document controls.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of projects.
- Some design responsibilities may be necessary.
- Will be responsible for writing proposals and project invoicing.
- Develop and manage project schedules.
- Responsible for change orders and claim notices.
- Perform on-site inspections for QA/QC compliance and project execution.
- Interact with field supervisors, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Troubleshoot issues that develop during course of projects.
- Will assist with business development efforts.
- Occasional travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic/Mid-West region will be required.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil Engineering required, with a concentration in geotechnical engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer preferred, but not required; must be willing to seek licensing
- 5-10+ years of geotechnical engineering or construction experience required
- Ability to execute technical aspects of a wide range of projects including highway, power, heavy industrial, commercial, and retail projects
- Working knowledge of micropiles, temporary or permanent tieback anchors, soil nails, shotcrete, ground improvement, and slope stability preferred
- Knowledge of different drilling methods, drill tooling, and equipment selection to meet differing ground conditions
- Familiarity with design/build project delivery is preferred
- Some experience with business development and marketing with the willingness to grow the Company’s geotechnical services
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and budget
- Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player