Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager
An established engineering firm, located just outside of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager.
- Will serve as a Project Manager for all aspects of geotechnical exploration and design.
- Responsibilities will include the coordination and performance of field geotechnical testing and construction observation, coordination of laboratory testing, performance of geotechnical engineering analyses, and preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and design documents.
- Additional responsibilities may include business development, client management, technical QA of reports/documents, and mentoring/supervision of staff.
- Willingness to grow the Company’s geotechnical services within the local oil & gas market.
- Occasional travel throughout the tri-state area required.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil Engineering required, with a concentration in geotechnical engineering required
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania highly preferred
- 5-10 years of geotechnical engineering work experience required
- Experience with local Oil & Gas, PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike projects
- Ability to execute technical aspects of a wide range of projects including highway, power, heavy industrial, commercial, and retail projects
- Working knowledge of horizontal directional drilling
- Working knowledge of earth slide remediation methods
- Working knowledge of CAD programs, Microstation and MS Office
- Consulting experience preferred
- Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm