HVAC / Mechanical Project Manager
An established mechanical contractor, located just east of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an HVAC / Mechanical Project Manager.
- Establishes and implements a project management information control system to help effectively govern the lifecycle of the project.
- Manages all aspects of the customer relationship, with the objective of securing future repeat business.
- Protects the interests and legal rights of the Company during project execution via thorough documentation and timely communication with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and internal parties.
- Breaks down cost estimates into manageable, measurable segments for accurate cost projections.
- Issues purchase orders to equipment providers and material suppliers, in accordance with the Company’s purchasing guidelines and limits of authority.
- Develops a detailed and complete scope of work for contracts issued to subcontractors.
- Identifies cost impacts resulting from changes to the project scope and construction schedule.
- Pursues compensation for resulting impacts in full compliance with the project’s contract terms/required project standards to maximize profitability.
- Facilitates the design of labor plans and manpower loading schedules, produces target reports for productivity, maintains progress drawings, and accurately tracks and reports installation productivities.
- Forecasts and verifies the costs, revenue, and gross profit of given projects at least monthly to accurately portray the expected financial outcome to key stakeholders.
- Monitors project cash flow to achieve a consistently positive bottom line via an appropriate schedule of values, maximized monthly billing, and timely payment collections.
- Oversees engineering/commissioning resources and subcontractor work to capitalize on productivity.
- Effectively manages the job completion, final acceptance, and warranty period to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Will be required to travel throughout the tri-state area as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Construction-related field and a minimum of 5 years of related project management experience with multi-million dollar projects
- Strong understanding of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls systems
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and construction laws
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration, communication, and negotiation
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Efficacy in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Documented completion of OSHA’s 30-hour Construction Training Course