Human Resources Generalist
An established and growing manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist.
- Will be responsible for assisting the HR department in carrying out various HR programs and procedures for all employees.
- Advise employees and managers on HR related policies, programs and procedures.
- Coach leadership on handling employee issues.
- Manage the recruitment life-cycle; including creating job descriptions, sourcing, interviewing, selecting qualified candidates and preparing offer letters.
- Conduct on-boarding steps, new employee orientation, paperwork and post-hire surveys.
- Create and run reports and queries using HRIS and other HR systems related to HR metrics.
- Handle routine items such as tuition reimbursement, unemployment compensation paperwork, drafting of employee attendance and corrective action documents.
- Assist with overseeing compliance with reporting and record retention requirements to conform to EEO regulations.
- Completion of weekly reports on employment activity and other tracking, as needed.
- Assist on other assignments and/or special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, or in related field
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate human resources experience and 1 year of recruiting experience, preferably for a manufacturing company
- HRIS experience
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certifications preferred
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems preferred
- Ability to use MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience managing temporary and direct hire staffing agencies
- Maintains knowledge of Human Resources policies/procedures, and state and federal labor laws applicable to assigned areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Must have excellent customer service skills and enjoy interacting with others
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm