IT Managed Services Administrator
A leading computer and network services provider, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking an IT Managed Services Administrator.
- Responsible for helping administer our Network Operations Center (NOC) services to our monitored clients.
- Configuring, updating and assigning monitoring sets, reviewing alerts, responding to alerts from pro-active monitoring.
- Deploying and configuring agent software on servers, desktops and laptops for clients, removing agent software from computers being retired, managing machine groups and user accounts.
- Watch for availability of newly released patches/updates, installation of all third party patches and updates to client environment. Scheduling auditing of hardware and software.
- Deploying and configuring antivirus software to servers, desktops and laptops, monitoring antivirus status, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to troubleshoot virus related issues and to perform virus/spyware/malware remediation work.
- Creating reports - for routine use and for automated monthly reports, creating reports - for one-time, ad-hoc situations, scheduling and configuring periodic reports for delivery to clients, review monthly automated reports for accuracy and confirm delivery.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in network environment.
- Experience working with firewalls and other standard network security equipment and software such as antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam applications required.
- Thorough understanding of IP based networks, VPN and security protocols, tools and policies.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of standard network and internet networking technologies and best practices.
- Experience with Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012 Server required. 2016 Server is a plus.
- Experience with Office 365 required.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Outlook/Exchange 2012 and Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2016 suite required.
- Experience with HP servers and workstation configurations and support required.
- Experience with POP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, HTTP and SSL.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Active Directory principals and best practices.