IT Management Assistant
A specialty distribution company, based out of Wheeling, WV, is seeking an IT Management Assistant to support IT functions at locations throughout West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Will assist the Manager of Information Systems who is responsible for the overall maintenance of all servers, IT infrastructure, operating systems, point-of-sale systems, back office software, computers, printers, and related equipment at the corporate office and all remote site locations.
- Responsible for software and hardware installations and upgrades.
- Responsibilities also include, but not limited to maintaining the proper security levels of access, maintaining computer anti-virus software protection, system back-ups, coordinating third parties for service calls, troubleshooting, performing routine maintenance and updates, and the establishment and maintenance of a disaster recovery plan.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Servers 2003, 2008, 2012, Windows 7 - 10 and Mac
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Static IP, email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Skilled in multiple aspects of connectivity
- Excellent skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail with high accuracy level
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Skilled in maintaining confidentiality and using discretion with dealing with sensitive matters
- Requires a clean DMV report, valid driver's license and insurable within driving standards set forth by Company selected insurance provider
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to travel throughout the tri-state area approximately 50-60% of the time
- Work can include long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed. Work includes regular travel throughout the region. This position is to be accessible 24 hours per day to handle on-call emergency situations.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, plus possible evenings, weekends and holidays as needed