IT Outside Sales Executive
A well-established technical services firm, located in downtown Pittsburgh, is seeking an IT Outside Sales Executive.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business for the organization's products/services.
- Makes telephone calls (cold calling) and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market's potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers' value to the organization.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization's products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Will be required to travel throughout Western PA, primarily throughout Pittsburgh as well as north and east of the city.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience, particularly the selling of services, is required. Any technical based sales experience is a plus!
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Salesforce software experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be motivated and goal-driven with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be flexible, able to work as an individual or collaboratively, and have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
- Free parking downtown; excellent benefits and competitive salary + commission offered.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm